Marketing Design & Production Manager
June 16, 2022
For additional position details including salary range, benefits, and how to apply, click HERE
The Vernon & District Performing Arts Centre (VDPAC) has an immediate opening for a dynamic, innovative MARKETING DESIGN & PRODUCTION MANAGER, with a passion for the Performing Arts, to join our dedicated and highly-accomplished staff as a key member of our Marketing & Community Engagement Department.
Working with the lead Marketing Director, the MARKETING DESIGN & PRODUCTION MANAGER is responsible for the content development & creation of all required graphical, visual, (static, video & digital) images, and scripted promotional material across a variety of media platforms, in keeping with VDPAC marketing strategies as supervised by the Marketing Director. Together with VDPAC’s Artistic Director & Executive Director, the Marketing & Community Engagement Department will coordinate the strategic marketing & specific promotions of VDPAC’s annual SPOTLIGHT Season, annual Outreach activities & community engagement initiatives.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a professional Marketing history of innovative and effective visual, digital and engaging content development, preferably in the Arts & Culture (Performing Arts) sector; will possess excellent, articulate spoken and written communication skills in English; is a creative, strategic marketing planner; a dynamic team player able to interpret, produce & meet VDPAC’s strategic marketing & public messaging objectives--Also with these proven skills:
- Marketing Degree, and/or a minimum 3-5 years of professional marketing experience in terms of graphical & digital design & production, preferably in the Performing Arts sector;
- Advanced working expertise & ability to integrate marketing over multiple media platforms, including videography, website content management & functionality, social media applications, print, broadcast & online media resources;
- Creative research practices & promotional writing tailored for a variety of print & digital platforms, (media releases, social media posts, websites, calendars, brochures, etc);
- Established local & regional media relationships is a definite asset;
- Efficient time management & ability to work effectively under pressure & to deadlines;
- Exceptional communication skills, including reading, writing, listening, speaking & presentation delivery (in English);
- Excellent interpersonal, networking & collaborative skills;
- Advanced Technical functionality with various software applications in addition to MS Office Suite, including: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator & Lightroom; DaVinci or Adobe Premiere Pro (Video editing); Wordpress, MailChimp, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager & SEO. VDPAC also uses Arts Management’s Theatre Manager, and One Note, Instagram, Facebook & Meta Business Ads;
- Professional calibre videography, post-production (editing) & digital photography.