The Vernon and District Performing Arts Centre Society was formed July 3rd 1990 with the following set of guiding purposes:
- To promote the building of a performing arts centre for Vernon and district;
- To raise funds by way of public subscription, the obtaining of grants and financial assistance, and all such means as may be required to finance the construction and operation of such a performing arts centre;
- To build, maintain and operate such a performing arts centre located within the City of Vernon, and serving the population of the Grater Vernon Parks and Recreation District; and
- To foster the appreciation and enjoyment of, and the participation in, the full range of performing arts in Vernon, and district.
The guiding purposes for the Society were revised on December 19th, 2002, and currently state:
- The Vernon and district Performing Arts Centre Society is a not-for-profit organization devoted to fostering live entertainment in all its forms. Its purpose is to operate a Community Theatre situated within the city of Vernon and serving the population of the North Okanagan Regional district.
The Regional district of the North Okanagan owns the facility.
The Vernon and District Performing Arts Centre Society operates the Centre under the terms of a "Management and Operating Agreement" with the Regional District.
The Society is made up of a membership, with up to 15 elected and appointed board members. The Board consists of the following executive positions:
- President: Sigrid Ann Thors
- Vice President: Dr. Doug Hardy
- Treasurer: Mike Kreuger
- Secretary: Kathy Pratt
- Anne Clarke
- Pat Cochrane
- Norm Crerar
- Mary Malerby
- Elizabeth Scott
- Don Seaton